Be Aware of Swine Flu
Swine Flu H1N1
(Adapted from Public Notice Issued by Directorate of Health Services, Govt. of NCT Delhi & MoH&FW, Govt. of India)
SYMPTOMS (Indication of the Flu)
Fever and Cough, Sore Throat, Runny or Stuffy Nose, Difficulty in Breathing,
Other Symptoms may include body ache, headache, fatigue, chills, diarrhoea, vomiting, blood in sputum
Follow the DOs and DONTs
- Cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief or tissue paper when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid crowded places; Stay more than an arm’s length from persons afflicted with flu.
- Stay away from public places if you have fever, coughing and sneezing.
- Drink plenty of water and eat nutrious food
- Sleep well.
- Dont shake hands or use other contact greetings
- Dont spit in public
- Dont Take medicines without consulting the physician.
H1N1 is also a type of Seasonal Influenza (Flu) and is a self limiting viral disease.
- Category A (patients with flu symptoms) neither require Oseltmaivir nor testing
- Category B (patients with high risk) require only Oseltamivir. Testing is not required.
- Category C (patients with danger signs) require Oseltamivir, Testing and Hospitalization
Treatment Facility is Available in Following Designated Govt. Hospitals in / near Shahdara:
- GTB Hospital, Dilshad Garden – Nodal Officer, Dr. P. Ram, 9868399519
- Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya, Geeta Colony – Nodal Officer – Dr. Medha Goyal – 9643308219
- Dr. Hedgewar Arogya Sansthan, Karkardooma – Nodal Officer – Dr. Arjun Singh – 9711806525
- St. Stephen’s Hospital, Tis Hazari – Nodal Officer, Dr. Vijay Kataria – 9810495920
FREE MEDICINES ARE AVAILABLE IN ALL 26 DESIGNATED HOSPITALS
TESTING FACILITY IS AVAILABLE IN FOLLOWING LABORATORIES:
NCDC, 22, Sham Nath Marg
Patel Chest Institute, Delhi University
AIIMS, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi
SRL Diagnostics Ltd. – Rs. 4500/-
Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, Rajender Nagar – Rs. 4500/-
SUFFICIENT STOCK OF MEDICINES ARE AVAILABLE WITH ALL 26 DESIGNATED HOSPITALS AND 140 LICENCED PRIVATE CHEMISTS.